No individual in our church, our community or in our world; no child of Christ should be held prisoner of any difficult situation in life. There is hope and there is help out there. For I was hungered and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger and ye took me in: Matthew 25:35 Mt. Calvary’s Social Ministry’s sole purpose is to extend love, compassion, and assistance both physically and spiritually to church members, our community and wherever needed. Some programs already in place are the following:
- Providing transportation for the elderly, sick or injured, for meals and for the food program.
- Conducting visitations to the sick, injured, elderly and shut-ins.
- Providing assistance to church, community and global emergencies or disasters.
Current projects underway are:
- Expanding the food pantry and community food bank program with grocery bags and food box giveaways.
Future projects include but are not limited to:
- Back-To-School supply backpacks
- Zoe school supply kits
- New baby diaper bags for the Pregnancy Center
- homeless toiletries bags
- homeless socks and winter blanket drive
- children’s Christmas Toy drive
- And more!
How can you help to make these wonderful projects happen? We need your prayers, donations time and talent. For more information on how you can help, please contact Jill Swab-Miley at 626-755-5004 or firstname.lastname@example.org